MCQs in Oral Histology
Chapter 4: Shedding
1- During shedding which of the following is wrong:
- The pulp plays an active role.
- The pulp plays a passive role.
- The pulp appears histologically normal till the end of the process.
- The neural elements remain in the pulp until shedding is completed.
The answer is: B
2- Which of the following is true about ankylosis?
- Is a union of the tooth with the periodontal ligament.
- The active eruption of an ankylosed tooth continues.
- Is a bony union between the alveolar bone and the roots of teeth.
- Ankylosed teeth do not show Howship's lacunae on the root.
The answer is: C
3- Shedding is predominantly the:
- Physiologic loss of impacted teeth.
- Pathologic loss of non-vital primary teeth.
- Physiologic loss of permanent teeth.
- Physiologic loss of primary teeth.
The answer is: D